Duration: 40 hours
Cost: Free tuition with scholarship
Technology fee: $18 per course
Mental Health Coach Certification
Certified Mental Health Coaches help clients learn how to manage emotions, reduce stress and anxiety, challenge negative thinking patterns and improve relationship skills — all of which boosts mental health.
Help RENEW the minds of those struggling with their mental health by becoming a Certified Mental Health Coach. We partnered with the American Association of Christian Counselors to offer this 40-hour, self-paced training that will teach you how to offer help, hope and encouragement to those that need guidance throughout their journey to mental health recovery and wellness.
You Will Learn:
- The role and scope of mental health coaching within the local church
- The ethical guidelines and professional standards in coaching, as well as crisis intervention techniques
- How to integrate faith and biblical wisdom in coaching
- The fundamental theories and skills of Christ-centered mental health coaching and the fundamentals of mental and behavioral health disorders
- Key elements of the coaching process, such as methods of change and giving hope
- The causes of mental disorders and conventional treatments
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will be in a position to support those experiencing mental illness or distress within your local church
- You will be able to provide expertise in supporting successful change, while also focusing on achieving any goals important to the client
- The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to aid those in distress by offering Christ-centered mental health coaching
- Course 01: Foundations of Mental Health Coaching
- Faith and Spirituality
- Ethics and Coaching Responsibilities
- Crisis Intervention
- Course 02: Mental Health Coaching Skills
- Coaching Skills
- Small Groups
- Course 03: Mental and Behavioral Health Disorders
- Mental Health Difficulties and Disorders
Mental health coaching is a form of strengths-based support for persons living with serious mental illness. Coaches help clients develop a healthy balance in life, give guidance in decision making, offer support in navigating mental health difficulties and assistance in establishing a recovery plan. Coaches help clients find ways to obtain and maintain stability, manage difficult symptoms, rebuild relationships and find a purpose for living. Coaches also help clients find resources for professional care and treatment, family support and education.
Anyone who feels a calling to offer help, hope and encouragement to those who are hurting and looking for guidance and direction in everyday life.
The training is broken down in to individual courses.
You can study the online course at any time you would like at your own pace. The course is compatible with all devices.
While tuition is covered for the Mental Health Coach program with Light University’s full tuition scholarship, there is a one-time $54 technology fee that covers all three courses.